Wednesday 29 July 2015

#NationalLipstickDay

Phew, we are half way through the week ladies and its only two more sleeps until Friday...all I can say is BRING IT ON!
I had planned to do a different post today, but seeing at it was #NationalLipstickDay, I wanted to share with you all one of my favourite presents that I got for my birthday!

I was really lucky to receive the 'Kendal Jenner - Restless by Estée Lauder' lipstick. I am a massive fan of Kendall Jenner, purely because she is absolutely beautiful and seems to have a really sweet and kind personality, so I was intrigued when I saw that there was a limited edition lipstick with her name on it. I knew I really wanted it!
I love lipsticks, especially bold, red and orange colours, but I have never found a lipstick that incorporates the two colours so well. Now, I have to admit, I haven't had the occasion yet to wear it out and about, but I did wear it around the house on Sunday just to test it out (anyone who knocked on my door on Sunday afternoon would have certainly got a surprise!). I was so happy and shocked that they had managed to get that awkward shade that everyone wants down to a tee! When I want a really bold, vibrant colour, I often find myself mixing tones of red and orange on my lips to try and achieve it, but no need to that with this at all - it's perfect and nothing like any of the other colours I have. I have also found that it is a really flattering, when applied well, it has the power to make your lips look really voluptuous and defined (which we all know is every girl's dream). It's like she took a leaf from her sister's book, trying to achieve that famous Kylie Jenner pout!
I wore the lipstick all afternoon and it has to be said...it didn't budge. At the end of the day it looked like I had just applied it and I love that. I often find with lipsticks, especially bold colours like red that without constant re-application it becomes really faded and washed out. This was not the case here at all. On top of that, it was super hydrating, which is great for someone like myself who gets dry lips. This made them feel super silky soft! It has a really nice matte finish, and even without lip liner...it doesn't bleed around my lips (which is always a massive risk with a red!).
Finally, I really loved the packaging...a magnetic click seals the lipstick and the dark navy blue gives a regal, classy appeal to the product and lets be honest, everyone is a sucker for a celebrity signed product...I know I am! 

Overall, I am really happy with the product and super thankful to my fave galpal Jenny for buying it for me...she really does know me just too well!


Have any of you tried this product, what did you think?


Much love


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jessica Swift. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig