Sunday 19 July 2015

PRODUCT OF THE WEEK - CLINIQUE MAKEUP BRUSH CLEANSER!!

Well here we are again ladies! This week has flown by and its time for another one of my product recommendations!
Again, this is a product that I have loved for quite a while now and have purchased numerous bottles time and time again. I really do love when you find a product that just works; a product that you can rely on for always doing the job and doing it well! So this week I am going to talk about the Clinique makeup brush cleanser!

 I think cleaning your makeup brushes often is really important because the build up of product on your brushes can cause the growth of bacteria, that we then smear on our faces, this can cause unnecessary breakouts on your skin and then the cycle just starts again.  I aim to clean my brushes at least once a week, but this can be unrealistic sometimes, so as long as I have done it once every 10 days to a fortnight I am happy! Right…now on with the review.

I was really attracted by the concept of a brush cleaner by Clinique because as they do a range of skincare products, their brush cleaner must ensure that your brush is cleaned with products that are safe to use on your skin…I am not sure if my thought process is logical but it made sense to me!

I was really impressed when I first used this product because of how thoroughly it cleaned my brushes. You are instructed to pump a couple of sprays on either side of your brush, gently massage it through and then wash it off under running water. What I tend to do is, spray a couple of pumps, massage, rinse and then repeat that process a couple of times depending on what brush I am using! I often find it really difficult to clean my foundation, cleaner and powder purely because of the amount of residue that builds up on them, but I was so happy that after only around 6-7 sprays on the brush it cleaned it so well and left it looking almost brand new!

The spray is advertised as being odorless, but I did notice a sort of clinical smell if that makes sense…very subtle but I did notice it. This did not  put me off because to me it just means that it is strong enough to do its job. I have never had a bad reaction to the product and I have super sensitive skin so it has worked really well for me.

The bottle and packaging is simple but I love it because it’s pink! I bought the 200ml bottle for £14.00, which may seem on the pricey side but I think it is really reasonable considering how long it will most likely last you. A bottle tends to last me around 6 months which is really good! I am completely aware that you don’t need to buy a brush cleanser to clean your brushes and there are other more money savvy ways to clean them but for someone who has really sensitive skin using a brush cleanser from a brand that specializes in skincare is just a no brainer to me.
I would really recommend the product, but more so, I would really recommend keeping on top of cleaning your brushes and making sure that they have been cleaned at least every fortnight but if you can once a week would be the best.



What products do you use to clean your makeup brushes with?



Much love


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jessica Swift. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig