Monday 3 August 2015

DOMESTIC GODESS ISSUE 1 - BAKING BREAD

Hello Ladies (and Gents if you are out there), I hope your Monday wasn't too much of a drag...only three more days until Friday!

I have decided to try this new issue to my blog and it is going to feature my attempts at being a complete domestic goddess. Yesterday, I decided to really push the boat out and bake a fresh loaf of bread. I just thought to myself...there really is nothing better on a Sunday afternoon, than filling the house with the smell of fresh bread! I love fresh bread, it is such a comfort food for me. 
I've made bread from scratch before, but I kind of cheated this time, as I already had a packet mix with the yeast in it, but I thought I would share with you just how easy it is to be domesticated.  Whether you are having a dinner party and want to make your own fresh dinner rolls, or you are having guests to stay and want them to wake up to the smell of fresh bread...it really is super easy.
I used the 'Wrights - Mixed Grain' bread mix and all you need with it is; 300ml of luke warm water and a greased loaf tin (or greased baking tray if you are making rolls). All you have to do is, pour the flour mix into a bowl and add the water. I used a wooden spoon to mix it together at first, and then I tipped it onto a floured surface to knead it for about 5minutes, until is was stretchy and dough like. Then I placed the dough into my greased loaf tin, covered it in cling film and left it to prove for 30-40 minutes. I put mine on a plate in my airing cupboard, as I get the best results in there, but you can just put your oven on and leave it to prove above. After this, I put it in a pre-heated oven (180 degrees) and baked it for 30 minutes. You know it is ready when you knock lightly on top and it is hard and crunchy.


Slice and serve to family, friends and guests...or just enjoy it all to yourself!!



Have any of you tried making bread?

Much love




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jessica Swift. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig