Tuesday 11 August 2015

MIDWEEK BREAKFAST - SUPER SMOOTHIE

It is a well known fact that I am not really a breakfast person. The last thing I think of when I open my eyes is food - I have never been a massive fan of breakfast and I don't think I ever will be! It is not ideal, because as I am sure you all know breakfast is THE most important meal of the day!

Since starting a new, full time job, I have realised just how important it is to feed my body in the morning! It is such a dilemma because I love my sleep - I slam my snooze button about 5 times in the morning before I rise and my only goal of the morning is to squeeze in as much sleep as possible. This proves difficult to have a healthy, nutritious breakfast and only leaves the options of grabbing something ready made, which is most likely full of sugar and other questionable ingredients! 

I got into juicing and smoothie making about a year and a half ago and when the idea clicked that I could chuck a bunch of things into the bullet and it would create a nutritious and tasty meal, my breakfast woes were over. 

I often find that a smoothie keeps me going longer than a juice. If I am using the nutribullet as a meal then I will do something thicker, like a smoothie, but as a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack I will do a juice - so I thought I would share with you this delicious breakfast smoothie recipe that keeps me going at work for hours!

You will need:

1 banana
1 handful of blueberries
1 handful of strawberries (around 5/6 strawberries)
3 tablespoons of 0% fat greek yogurt (you can use full fat I just prefer fat free)
1 tablespoon of porridge oats
1 teaspoon of Nutriblast Superboost 

Chuck it in the nutribullet and away you go!!!



What smoothies do you enjoy?


Much love



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jessica Swift. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig