Saturday 22 August 2015

SATURDAY AFTERNOONS - GREENWICH PARK!

Well hello mini heatwave! How glorious was the weather today? Although, I am a self-professed summer scrooge, I really did appreciate the blazing sunshine and the heat on my skin today. Being stuck in an air conditioned office all week, doesn't leave much of a chance to be out in nature getting some fresh air!
Today we decided that this Mediterranean style weather should be celebrated with a picnic in one of my favourite parks in the UK...Greenwich Park. I am really lucky to only live a 20 minute drive from Greenwich, so throughout the year, sun or rain, winter or summer, we often frequent it. I love how it gives you the feel of being completely stuck in with nature, but also, the breathtaking views of our cities spectacular skyline! You can literally see right from the O2 arena and the Olympic stadium all the way over to St Paul's Cathedral and The Shard, it really is magnificent! There is so much history and beautiful architecture, that even someone who is not so great with history, can become completely entranced! Not forgetting the Greenwich Observatory, where you have the chance to stand at the centre of worlds time! 
The 'Flower Gardens' is my favourite place to have a picnic, it is just so pretty and the perfect place to catch a few rays of British sun. Today our picnic was from Waitrose (I know I know, I should totally make it myself, but I just didn't have time and Waitrose was there to help a brother out). After feeding our tummies and having a cheeky Summer snooze, we took a walk around the park and then down into Greenwich town. I love Greenwich town, I think it has the bustle of being a London borough, but isn't crazy busy that it is just plain annoying! Down towards the river you have Greenwich Market, which promotes glorious hand made food from around the world, to cute trinkets and nic-nacs and then of course the Cutty Sark, which is a great big ship from the 19th century! Now, I am not going to profess to knowing anything about it, but it is pretty amazing to look at and I would definitely suggest checking it out if you are in the area. 
After a wonder round the town, we headed back up to the park for another walk, a cheeky ice cream and a sit down under a semi-shady tree. The atmosphere was incredible and it was so lovely to see families and children happily playing around together - it made me very proud to be British!

Have you ever been to Greenwich Park?


Much Love





**This post what not sponsored and all opinions are my own 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Wynn Las Vegas - JTM Hub
    Guests can 사천 출장샵 choose from a 제주도 출장샵 range of restaurants, 원주 출장안마 signature shops, and a 춘천 출장안마 wide variety of special 광양 출장마사지 and promotional offers. Wynn Las Vegas offers its guests a convenient

    ReplyDelete

© Jessica Swift. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig