Sunday 9 August 2015

PRODUCT OF THE WEEK - MERIDIAN ALMOND BUTTER

This week's product of the week is completely different to what I normally do...and by that I mean it is not a beauty related product at all. 
Now, to start us off, as I child I pretty much lived off of peanut butter. Any chance I would get, I would stuff my face with the thing! You can imagine my dismay, when I found out that it wasn't the healthiest thing in the world!

I am constantly on the look out for healthy replacements for foods that I love, so after some hefty research, I finally found the BEST replacement for peanut butter ever.

Meridian nut butters pride themselves on being 99.5% pure nuts (with the 0.5% being a tiny bit of salt). The nuts are roasted in the oven and them somehow crushed and made into a smooth butter. After my immense research, I decided to go for the almond butter, as almonds are lower in saturated fat than other nut alternatives and they also are high in both fibre and calcium and of course high in protein. I am not gonna lie, I was a little unsure when I purchased the almond butter, as I didn't know if I would like it, as I had never really had almonds before...but my my my it was incredible!! I can not describe to you how happy I was that it was genuinely so delicious. In fact, I think it has a better taste than regular peanut butters. The butter itself is really smooth in consistency (I bought smooth not crunchy) and it is really, well nutty. It is so great to know that you can eat something knowing it is purely what it says it is and it doesn't have any of the added rubbish that other products have.

I will always pick almond butter over peanut butter now, and meridian nut butter over any other brand. I now buy myself a 1kg pot as I eat it so much and so it is way better value! If I am not having it on toast or a ryvita, I like to chop up various fruits such as bananas and apples with maybe some celery as well to dip into the almond butter. I find it can be a really satisfying and healthy snack and is great after the gym or when my blood sugar levels tend to drop around 3pm and I lose all hope and concentration!

I would massively recommend checking out the meridian nut butters and especially the almond butter itself...it is just so darn tasty that it is not worth missing out on.


Have you had almond butter? What do you eat it with?


Much love


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jessica Swift. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig