Tuesday 18 August 2015

OUTFIT REVIEW OF THE 2015 TEEN CHOICE AWARDS!

I thought I would do something a little different this week and have a look at some of the outfits worn to the 2015 Teen Choice Awards. I love awards and award season as I get completely obsessed with the beautiful gowns and stylish dresses. One thing I love about the Teen Choice Awards, is that it incorporates people of all ages and it is so nice to see younger people have a chance to walk the red (or in this case blue) carpet. 

From what I have seen so far, the standard of this years fashion has been really high, so I have picked a couple who have really caught my eye. The Teen Choice awards are known for being a more casual event and this was definitely represented in the fashion! I don't really agree with picking the best and the worst dressed, because quite frankly it is not very nice. Nine times out of ten, celebrities have been told what to wear and I would hate it if I was slated for something that I thought looked good! If you are comfortable with what you are wearing and you feel good because of it, then that is all that matters!

So here is a couple of celebs who really caught my fashion eye this year...
Lucy Hale - even though I am a massive PLL fan, I promise I was not biased in including Lucy in my review. I absolutely love this midnight blue Julien Macdonald dress and I think Lucy pulls it off really well. The plunging mesh neckline adds a very cheeky element to the dress, yet the understated accessories and hairstyle allows for her to still look classy and sophisticated. I would definitely buy this dress (or something similar at a fraction of the price). As the dress is quite short, the high strappy sandals make it seem longer than it is and it is perfect for a red carpet look.


Zendaya - I am completely obsessed with the elegance of this outfit and I think it looks so beautiful. The classic A-line pencil skirt paired with a white, off the shoulder ruffled crop, looks amazing. Both the skirt and top are from Ashi Studio - who I hadn't heard of before, but I am now completely obsessed with them. You can't see in this picture, but Zendaya has a long fishtail braid and it looked so pretty. The large hooped earnings are not something I would have gone for, but it has actually worked really well and lets be honest - that leg line slit looks incredible.


Maddie Zieglar - I have been watching Dance Moms for years - way before it made it onto the big screens of the UK and it is one of my favourite TV shows ever! I was so happy to see Maddie looking so sweet and charming on the Blue carpet. Her floral Mac Duggal Dress allowed her to look classy and sophisticated, but didn't threaten her tender age of 12. I think the shape of the dress is really flattering as it pulls in ever so slightly at the waist and then out in a skater skirt style. She has paired the dress with hot pink shoes and a pink clutch and they really tie the dress together nicely. 
Sarah Hyland - Again, modern family is one of my favourite TV shows and I watch all 6 seasons on repeat constantly. Guarenteed it will be on my TV at some point during the week! I think Sarah is absolutely stunning and she has a very enviable bod! She went for a lemon cropped Christian Siriano two piece. The lemon colour really compliments her skin tone and the minimalist accessories allows for all attention to be drawn to the outfit. Although very simple, there is a certain attraction to the outfit and she looks very sleek and sophisticated. I love how she has gone for a red lip - although not something I would have thought of, I think it has worked really well in this instance.
Lea Michele - This is definitely the style of outfit that I would normally go for. I love dresses that pull in at the waist and then have a skater skirt style at the bottom, as I feel that is accentuates the female body in all the right places - the classic hourglass! Lea is wearing a beautiful white, blue and red floral Monique Lhuillier two piece. Yes, that is right, although it looks like a dress, it is actually a high-waisted skater skirt and crop top! I love the intricate detail of the flowers and I love the contrast in colour of the pattern. I have massive hair-envy when it comes to Lea Michele as I think it always looks super shiny and healthy and I love the way she has styled it . The signature red shoes make a great pairing!


I hope you liked my little selection of some of my favourite fashion of the 2015 Teen Choice Awards. As you can see, it is a lot more causal than many other award ceremonies and I think that is what makes it so different and special. It seemed like people favoured two piece outfits this year and it has definitely been reciprocated in high street stores as I have seen a lot more two piece ensembles in stock.


What did you think of the above outfits, which one is your favourite?


Much love



















SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jessica Swift. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig