Saturday 8 August 2015

SATURDAY AFTERNOONS

I thought I would share today how I spent my Saturday afternoon. I love going to cafes, sandwich shops or tea rooms...I am an absolute sucker for them. Wherever I go, I have to stop for a tea or a coffee somewhere...it is just a must!
Anyway, quite recently I found a hidden gem of a tea room, quite local to where I live and I have already been there a couple of times since (I actually mentioned it in my post about my birthday weekend here), but I went there today and I thought I would share my trip with you. The cafe in question, is called 'The Drawing Room' and it is located in Locksbottom which is a small village/town just outside of South London

We shared a pot of tea for two, which came in the the most charming, bone china teacups with the matching teapot. To eat, I had a delicious hummus and roasted vegetable panini, which came with a side salad and the greatest homemade coleslaw I have EVER had! My boyfriend had a bacon, brie and mushroom toasted baguette, that I also had a sneaky taste of and was incredible too!! I loved how the food was presented, it came on a beautiful floral china tray and the side salad and coleslaw were served in little teacups! Absolutely delightful! 

The tea room itself is really cute and quaint with the walls covered in picture frames and pretty mirrors. The table and chairs are all wooden and antiquey looking, which give a really cosy feel to the place (even in the blazing sunshine). It also has seating outside, which is always a plus. The staff that work there are really kind, and nothing is too much trouble.

Now just look how amazing those cakes look...I am definitely going in for the kill next time and having a great big slice of Victoria Sponge!

It is unlikely that many of you would be able to go if you aren't local to the South London/Kent area, but if you are, I massively recommend it. I love reading posts like these and seeing how other people spend their days, so I thought I would do the same. 

Have any of you been somewhere similar, or to the Drawing Room itself?


Much love, 






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jessica Swift. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig